Please follow my Facebookpage
My blog is not about losing weight. It is about re-gaining health. I am a middle-aged woman, with a full-on life. I lost control for a while, gained huge amount of weight in a very short span, and got very ill. I was told I couldn’t live much longer if I did not do something about it. The starting point for me was to lose the excess weight. It was not easy. It was not hard either. It was just about making a decision and taking action. I decided to take one day at a time. Every day, I focussed on that one day. And slowly, things changed. I lost the weight. I re-gained my health. My diabetes went into remission. I no longer suffer from hypertension. My liver is fine. The stone in my gall bladder is getting smaller. Is it a “miracle” as we would like to believe? No. It is simply, about making a decision and taking action, and sticking with it, every day.
One common phrase I have heard over and over again, “You are so lucky, you can exercise, I have no time to exercise”!
Seriously, one thing we all have in common is the 24 hours we get. What we do with those 24 hours each day, is what makes us different.
Make the decision and take action:
I have been there — making hundreds of excuses for not being able to exercise> some of my common excuses were:
- No time – long days, and longer nights of work !
- Travel – as you all know, I travel atleast 10-15 days a month
- Children – Two teenagers is a full-time job plus more…
- Social life – late nights can be tiring … with all that eating, and drinking!
- Unpredictable life – I have to travel at short notice at times
- Over 40 – My life is now about my children, so why bother!
- Why put the effort – Exercise does take effort.
- What will people think – Oh, I thought the whole world was watching 🙂
- Buckets: Oh, that’s the best. I use half filled buckets (soaked with whites) to lift. helps with building my core, and also my arms.
- kichen bench for push ups – while cooking, waiting for the pot to boil…
- More ways to use the chair – I do planks, tricep bench dips. I sit on the chair at times, and do stomach crunches.
- Stairs: Apart from using the stairs to go up and down, I use them to do push ups. I do about 50 odd a day. Just because I can!
- Children : If you have young children, carry them around! Amazing calorie burners.